Thursday, 24 May 2007

Reserve Stock

One of my esteemed colleagues is updating the floorplan for the Central Library's Reserve Stock. I produced the first version a couple of years ago, and it had a fun image on the cover: clipart librarian - hair in a bun, specs, string of pearls - asking the question, "Where the heck is Jane's infantry weapons?" front of a backdrop which was a photo of Bolton's old Reference Library. Well, I thought it was funny, and that's all that matters...

So we went to Reserve Stock and I took a few photos on my phone. I've uploaded them to Flickr, partly to practice getting stuff online for the Umbrella wiki. This is the picture on the new cover:

Reserve Stock 1

The finished version features an orang-utan asking the question, "Oook ook ook ook?" with a subtitled translation at the bottom: "Where the heck is Jane's infantry weapons?"

There are some great old pictures of Bolton's Central Libraries - the current building has been up and running since 1938, and its predecessor was on Victoria Square, also in the town centre - on the Our Treasures site, which features digitised archive images from Bolton and Bury. I've put a Flickr set together from today's piccies as well.